Vail is not only the largest single ski resort in the United States, it has been rated the #1 ski resort consistently for reasons every local and visitor have come to know and love. There's the incredible Back Bowls, where there's more powder and acreage than you can imagine... truly incomparable on a powder day. And Blue Sky Basin, where you get a backcountry terrain adventure - without having to hike - that is honestly better (and safer) than what you'll find out of bounds.
Of course, Vail's front side terrain is always a consistent experience with wide-open, immaculately groomed cruisers, plus challenging moguls and glades. Then, when you come off the mountain the options are endless from après ski, to shopping or relaxing at a luxury spa, to hitting the town for incredible dining and nightlife. There's a reason why Vail's tag line is "There's No Comparison"…there really isn't.
1. Consistently rated the #1 ski resort in North America by Ski Magazine's reader poll
2. Largest single mountain ski resort in North America, spanning 5,289 acres
3. Vail has seven bowls offering unparalleled powder
4. The most groomed terrain on the planet!
5. From gladed terrain in Blue Sky Basin to Legendary Back Bowls and Vail's Front Side, there's terrain for every taste and ability level